REVAA Values Statement
The members of REVAA are collectively committed to setting a high standard for industry leadership, professional integrity and operational excellence in the residential appraisal and evaluation marketplace.
Together, REVAA members subscribe to the following:
- Honesty and Integrity: Conduct commerce and advocacy in an honest way, with integrity and compassion.
- Professional Conduct: Set a standard for highly ethical professional conduct.
- Professional Independence: Ensure independence between lenders, appraisers and others.
- Compliance: Maintain organizational compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Quality: Maintain high standards and quality control in the products and services delivered.
Through their role as service providers, job creators, volunteers and community leaders, REVAA members and their employees play an important role in America’s economy. Importantly, REVAA members set themselves apart as industry leaders to the many stakeholders they serve:
Homeowners / Consumers
- Manage appraiser background checks to ensure consumer safety and quality.
- Ensure the completion of high quality appraisals and evaluation services to assist financial transactions.
- Create diverse evaluation products and services to meet consumer / marketplace needs.
Appraisers and other Field Professionals
- Ensure that all employees, appraisers and field professionals they work with are treated respectfully.
- Advocate for new appraiser recruitment and training.
- Provide fair and timely payment for services.
REVAA Member Employees
- Provide a respectful and safe compliant workplace.
- Support continuing education opportunities.
- Embrace diversity.
- Verify appraiser licensure/certification for those serving on AMC panels.
- Lead completion of high quality, compliant, appraisal and evaluation related projects.
- Facilitate client payment processing to ensure appraisers get paid in a timely manner.
Regulators / Policymakers
- Serve as a resource on AMCs and the valuation of residential property.
- Remain compliant with state and federal requirements.
- Act as an advocate for issues that impact AMCs and their business interests.